Cooking over open fires
Gus Blass Short-Term Camping Area (35.36849481608671, -92.45482798136472)
NOTE: The Google Maps link above will get you close, but the road to the Short-Term Camping is not marked in Google Maps. Once you get to Gus Blass, use the map linked below to find the road to the Short-Term Camping area.
Map of the area that shows the Road to the Short-Term Camping Area.
Meet Friday at 5:30 at the Church. Depart at 6:00.
Webelo Scouts can either follow the Boy Scouts from the church or meet at the Gus Blass Short-Term Camping Area any time after 7:00.
Sunday at 12:30 at the Church. Watch your email for time changes.
Boy Scouts: $20
Plus $12 cash. Paid to your Grub Master.
Tent or hammock for Friday night.
No Patrol Boxes on this campout. Bring a mess kit (Plate, bowl, fork, spoon, etc).
Be prepared for cold weather and Rain.
Bring the following items in addition to the items in the checklist linked below:
- Mess Kit (Plate, bowl, fork, spoon, etc).
- Rain Gear (Jacket and Pants)
- Waterproof Boots
- Extra Clothes and Socks
- Sleeping Pad to insulate you from the ground. (i.e. Closed Cell Foam Pad or insulated sleeping pad.)
- Sleeping Bag rated at a minimum of 20 degrees.
- If you do not have a cold weather sleeping bag, bring multiple sleeping bags and/or blankets.
- Warm Hat
- Warm Gloves
- Multiple layers of warm clothes
- Base layer: long underwear
- Middle layer: Normal clothes, fleece or puffy jacket
- Outer layer: Heavy Jacket to protect you from rain and wind.
Scouts will sleep in shelters Saturday night.
See Campout Checklist on our website.
Eat supper before you arrive on Friday.
$12 Paid to your Grub Master.
COLD. Lows in the 30’s, highs around 50.
Rain showers on Saturday.